[Book Review] Prayers of the Pious by Omar Suleiman


Synopsis (from Goodreads) :

This inspirational collection of prayers and reminders is the perfect companion for anyone who wishes to connect to the Divine. Shaykh Omar Suleiman provides us with thirty short prayers taken from the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad and the early generations, each with a short reminder to deepen the impact of the prayer in our lives.

Prayers of the Pious provides spiritual gems that serve as valuable wisdom and practical advice for the soul. By reading this short work with an attentive heart, the reader can cultivate love for God and His Messenger and live life with gratitude and contentment.


My rating :

5/5 stars

My review :

I’m going to be brutally honest. The cover attracted me the most when I first saw it. I had no idea what this book would give me, but I knew that I had to pick it up. The title came next - Prayers of the Pious, it does sound splendid, doesn’t it? Many Muslims chose this as one of their Ramadhan reads, but I guess I was late for the game. A good thing about books, though; they will never befriend expiry dates. 

Anyway, a brief spoiler of this book - it contains dua(s) of the pious. There, I said it. Here are my thoughts. One; I loved how beautiful Imam Omar’s writing is! I could feel his sincerity and it made my reading journey become tranquil. You don’t need to be a poet to be poetic. His writing pretty much proved that. Two; the prayers are all magnificent. Well of course, they’re all prayers of the pious - from our beloved Prophet, his companions, and some other people whose names aren’t foreign to most people. I get why this book is perfect for Ramadhan - it allows you to learn a prayer a day! But as for me, I read this after the holy month so I could finish it faster. Three;  the size of the book is pretty small, but not to worry! You’ll learn so many things from this book. I felt my heart at ease when I went through every single word, and sometimes I would read the same sentences again and again just to fully digest them in my head. Four; this book encourages you to make your own dua, and most importantly, to learn more from the people who were pious. I was able to read this book with an open heart as it gave me a shining light of encouragement to be a better Muslim every single day. 

Refer to {Quran 12:101}. May Allah reserve a place for us in His beautiful Paradise. Amin. 

My rating for this book is 5/5 stars. Highly recommend!

p/s : I got this book from Iman Shoppe. Get yourself a copy from their store before it’s too late!

Comments

Popular Posts