[Book Review] Being a Quran Tag Girl by Ayesha Syahira


Synopsis (from Goodreads) :

Are you in love with your Quran?

Do you know that exhausting feeling of searching high and low for a true meaningful love and life purpose of this life? 

“That was exactly how I feel about the Quran. I was so busy finding happiness and love to fill the emptiness in my heart. None worked. Until I found the Quran.”

Building a relationship with Quran cannot happen in one day. It will take years.

It will be a long journey of trying to fall in love with the Quran, but it will be worthwhile.

My rating :

4.75 / 5 stars.

My review :

Ramadhan is such an amazing month for Muslims, and it is particularly a special month for us. My 2019 reading challenge is still going strong, but I will not neglect my Ramadhan reads. One of my Ramadhan reads that I have just finished recently is Being a Quran Tag Girl. I absolutely had a remarkably great time reading this and I gained more knowledge, to the point that I was willing to jot everything down in my Ramadhan book. Those notes are now my favourites.

Being A Quran Tag Girl by Ayesha Syahira is a non-fiction book, which tells more about Ayesha, being someone who tags her Quran wonderfully. Throughout my reading, Ayesha showered the Quran with the utmost compliments, and this action definitely touched my dear heart. I almost cried while reading this, before I realised I was not alone – apparently, my sister was with me, and I found it awkward to cry in front of her. Hmm.

Anyway.

This book, with no doubt, changed my perspectives. I was someone who read the Quran without understanding its full meaning. After reading this book, I realised how reading the Quran without at least, understanding certain aspects of it, could make me feel incomplete. Ayesha managed to persuade me to keep on reading the Quran, as it is our main Guide that we embrace in our lives. I learned that to learn about the Quran is vital. No matter how slow your progress is, as long as you are showing your sincerest effort, it will be worth it. I felt this with all my heart, and I would like to thank Allah for letting me read this book. May Allah grant Ayesha more knowledge and nikmat, amin!

Furthermore, by reading this book, I managed to grasp some verses of Quran and Hadiths that were – and still are – indeed, wonderfully meaningful. I was motivated to do some research, as I had no idea where some verses from the Quran and Hadiths came from. I would like to dedicate some points for that, as this action of not putting the name of a Surah or from what particular source a Hadith may come from, will encourage readers to do some work and gain knowledge by it, too. Well done, Ayesha!

Since this is a non-fiction book, I will not discuss about the plot. Hence, my explanation above – it is sort of replacing the plot that I usually will talk about. Let us move on to Ayesha’s writing style.

For me, personally, I found Ayesha’s writing neat and acceptably understandable. As a reader who managed to finish this book in a day, I was glad that I could understand everything thoroughly. Ayesha’s writing is one of the factors why I almost burst into tears – I could feel the message (or messages) she was trying to give. As an attempt to simplify things, her own way of writing managed to make readers – me, included – to feel Allah’s love towards us, and made us love the Quran more than we ever did. Her writing simply encouraged us to treat or make our Quran as our ultimate best friend. It is beautiful, isn’t it?

However, this book may have some grammatical errors that I could not help but unfortunately, detected. No offence, my English is not perfect, either. But the errors were obvious when I was reading it. It was not a disturbance for me, though. I do hope this publication would check this particular matter thoroughly for other English books in the future.   

Overall, this book is an eye-opener for us, Muslims to simply love our Quran and make full use of it. Thank you, Allah, for giving me a chance to read this book. Thank you, Ayesha, for sharing your knowledge with us.

My final rating for this book is 4.75 out of 5 stars. Highly recommend!

Comments

  1. I so agree with you with the errors! Its simple mistakes and it's obvious kot, anyway am still reading this and hopefully I get to finish it soon and review em too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minor mistakes now, no more in the future, In Shaa Allah! Looking forward for your review! :D

      Delete
  2. Such a nice reivew for this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The review is good. People can visit the QuranHost for learning Quran online.

    ReplyDelete

  4. quran book store near me

    Arabic Between Our Children’s Hands Student Book: Level 1 is a Arabic textbook for elementary school kids from Arabic Between Our Children’s Hands series. With this book, children will learn Arabic words and sentences. Besides, this book help to improve Arabic writing and reading skill of children.

    العربية بين يدي أولادنا


    https://madinahmedia.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts