[Book Review] Dreamology by Lucy Keating


“Our dreams are the one thing we share that nobody else can touch, and now we're going to lose it, and I am terrified.”
― Lucy Keating, Dreamology

Synopsis (from Goodreads) :

For as long as Alice can remember, she has dreamed of Max. Together, they have travelled the world and fallen deliriously, hopelessly in love. Max is the boy of her dreams—and only her dreams. Because he doesn’t exist.

But when Alice walks into class on her first day at a new school, there he is. Real Max is nothing like Dream Max. He’s stubborn and complicated. And he has a whole life Alice isn’t a part of. Getting to know each other in reality isn’t as perfect as Alice always hoped.

Alarmingly, when their dreams start to bleed into their waking hours, the pair realize that they might have to put an end to a lifetime of dreaming about each other. But when you fall in love in your dreams, can reality ever be enough?

My rating : 3.5/5 stars

My review

This book has a welcoming gesture with its very own unique concept. I do not hate this book, but I am not all over the moon, either. It is moderately bearable, hence my rating. That being said, I shall take the opportunity to discuss further and express my honest thoughts and of course, what I felt when I was reading Dreamology, by Lucy Keating.

I will begin with the plot. The story was fully crafted with Alice meeting her dream boy, Max – which is, the boy in her dreams, and I am not kidding, in her dreams when she fell asleep – in reality; in the real world. This made me intrigued, and it eventually convinced me to read this book. In my opinion, the plot is quite interesting, and totally not bad at all. It definitely has all the cute vibes this author managed to offer when she was writing this book. However, I do feel like there could be more to it, and a bit more relevant dramas could have made the book perfect. I did not really appreciate the typical events that we could see in other contemporary books. That is just my critic. Overall, this book has a lovely plot.

Next is the characters in this book. Oh boy, the characters are interesting and definitely something. But, I do feel like I was giving all my love to the minor characters more than the actual main characters when I was reading the book. It might be because Alice was just a confusing character, in my opinion, and I did not really appreciate her being that way. Not to worry, though, I still loved her. I had no other big issues with the characters, which helped me to read this book in peace. Overall, unique and adorable characters, you will totally love them!

There were certain parts in the book that I found myself not fancying them. I wish there were scenes where they could be amazingly improvised just to give some justice to some particular characters who actually deserved more. I mean, it was not fair! I pitied them for having those obstacles that they did not deserve at the first place. Just like the main characters, they deserved happy ending themselves, but they deserved them in a good and proper way. If they received the treatment that was actually equal to everyone in the book, then with no doubt, I would have given this book a higher rating.

Other than that, I felt like the romance was adorable, but did not excite me that much. Especially the ending of this book. It made me happy, but it definitely did not excite me that much. I am sorry to say this, but when I read this book, I felt like it was just another typical high school love story, and I kind of hoped there could be more to it. Perhaps knowing if they ever have a happy ending when they grow older is more satisfying and acceptable to consider them as the “dream couple”. Once again, this is just my opinion.

Overall, this book is a fun and quick read. I finished this in a day, and was moderately satisfied with the total outcome. My final rating for this book is 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Thank you for reading my review!

Comments

Popular Posts